My Dear Pandemic Diary

I wish I could write this under better circumstances. The world is suffering from Covid-19 these days. And we're staying at home as a protective measure to slow the disease and lessen the pressure on the health system.

What we're living right now feels like we are trapped in a dystopian movie. We all know these scenes from movies and games. Yet, it came true. We truly screwed the world. And no one knows that the future holds. I used to write in my diary whenever I feel sad and depressed. I could've written in a diary right now as well. But I prefer to shout out my feelings to the world and let my words be heard. Because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know my words will reach you.

I live in Turkey. Although there is not an official quarantine here, it is my 9th day in self-isolation. To be honest, I am not scared of the disease. I'm young and healthy, and my body is capable of fighting. But the thing is, I live with my parents. That's why I need to stay away from the virus. For this reason, I took it seriously and locked myself in the home without waiting declared quarantine.

Uncertainty is exhausting. But we should keep going. In order to motivate myself, I’m dreaming of the things I’ll be doing when these pandemic days are over. Mostly I’m holding on the thought of coming together beside the raki table with my friends.  We will dance again, and walk through the streets. 

I'm looking forward to writing to you in better circumstances and with good news. We can and will beat it.

Cheers - Şerefinize!