Birthday Parties - The Celebration of Growing Older

December 19th is a special day for me because it is the day I was born 23 years ago. Being 23 (Twenty-Three) feels like a joke. When I was a little kid, I thought people in their twenties were a grown-up. It's true in a way. I'm officially a grown-up.  But do I feel this way? Absolutely, no! And this post is dedicated to this special day: My birthday.

Children feel excited when they throw a birthday party. It's the day they get both attention and presents. But when you grow older, you lose the joy you had about birthday parties. Just think about it: it's the celebration of growing older. But growing older is not fun nor good after some certain ages. Death is approaching you day by day. I assume melancholia is a part of adultness.

"Why, God, why? Let the others grow old, not me."

On the other hand, it's the day you realize how much you are loved. People who don't show their emotions tend to demonstrate their feelings about you on your birthday. This is the best part of a birthday: Receiving love - realizing that you are loved & you are worthy. It's important to feel these emotions because most of us face some obstacles in our everyday life and feel down. Love and support are sometimes required to remove those obstacles. These are the things that motivate us to keep going. Thus, collecting good friends make life worth living. They become your family from different blood and mostly more useful than most of your relatives. 

There is a new age ahead of me full with new chances, new obstacles and new opportunities. And I've dedicated this post as a promise to fulfill my life with joy and success. 

Happy birthday to me!

Emel
Dec 2018