London Is Always A Good Idea

Some people believe that knowledge is obtained from books. However, I strongly disagree with this statement. In my view, the experience is the best teacher to obtain knowledge. I will go a step further, I believe that traveling is the best way to create unforgettable memories and experiences. And I have obtained some knowledge from my experience from my London trip.

The city of London. Taken by Me.

For those who are familiar with the American accent, the British accent is more difficult to understand. It is difficult to understand but joyful to listen. I don't think there isn't a single person who dislikes the British accent. And I was in the center of that accent. But luckily, Londoners can be understood easily. I heard that the more you go to South, the more the accent gets difficult to understand.

I observed that there are two words that the British use the most: "I'm sorry" and "thank you". There are some stereotypes about almost every country. And the stereotype of the British was their kindness. But this stereotype seems to be true.

I spent a full day in London. But I didn't feel like I was in a strange land. Perhaps, it's because I've seen the city a million times from the movies and tv shows I watched. But still, I got excited when I saw the London Eye or Big Ben!

The London Eye. Taken by Me.

I got on the big famous red bus. It is not cheap, but it enables to see all the must seen spots across the city. Moreover, the ticket can be used the day after. Thus, my advice is that you should use the ticket to the very end!

I'm lucky to have visited the UK before the exchange rates get higher. Today, I can't afford another trip to the UK. Why? Read this post to find out: "What Is Turkey's Economic Problems?"

Emel
Dec 2018

"London is always a good idea."