Wine Tasting Days in Bozcaada (Tenedos)

Bozcaada is famous for its wines as well as its magnificent coasts. Wine tasting days are organized for years to promote the island's wines. It is a unique activity to get to know, to taste and to learn about wines! I also took part in this special wine tasting days. A wine-lover friend stayed with us in those days. It was such a nice coincidence.

Bozcaada Wine Tasting Days (Tenedos)


This year the wine tasting days took place between July 10-15 2018. I am not sure, but I have read that the event was free back then. Now you need to pay a entrance fee.

The activity took place in Salhane. After paying the entrance fee, we took a glass (which will be ours) and 6 coins and passed through the wine stands to an empty table. There were 6 coins for 6 differrent wine brands on the sands. So, we could drink a glass of wine from each of them.

Wine Stands, Wine Tasting Days in Bozcaada
The wine tasting took place by the sea in an open area. After settling down in a table, we took the road to our first wine stand. "In order to taste wines better you should drink this order: white > rose > read", an expert said. Everytime we went to a wine stand, we were welcomed with a kind smile. They were happy to tell about their wines.

Live Music in Salhane, Bozcaada during Bozcaada Wine Tasting Days
Live music was accompanied our wine tasting. We were chatting and drinking wine by the sea while listening to live music. Even if you imagine the scenario I told you, you would have a peace of mind, I believe.

I can say that Bozcaada Castle and the sunset make the ambience even more beautiful.

Bozcaada Castle and My Wine Tasting Glass

To summarize; we paid 40 liras for the entrance, we had 3 hours for 6 brands, a glass, live music and sea view. I was very pleased. I think price performance was also good. If I come up to here, will I go again? Definitely yes!

If you want to have a pleasant time with your beloved ones, and if you love wine, you will enjoy Bozcaada's Wine Tasting Day very much. 

For those who want to have a further informations about the activity can watch my youtube video below.