what is the best way to improve your reading skill?

As someone who enjoys reading the book I came to suggest books that help you to cultivate your reading habit.

I read this quotes somewhere which is so accurate. "if you do not like to read books, you have not found the right book." I didn't like reading in elemantary school. One day we went to our summer house earlier, none of my friend didn't there, so I was bored. My mom bought me a book which was a thick book then for me. I couldn't stop reading! I finished the book in two days. In a short time, I finished the whole series. It was not a intellectually book. But even today I love this series, because it helped me to cultivate my reading habit.



In order to love reading, you should read books you will potentially like. So, choosing the right book is very important on this step. So, I made a list of books I believe you all will love. I assume you're not a kid, so I took care to choose satisfying books from a literary point of view.

So let's go to the list!

1. Chess Story by Stefan Zweig

Chess Story, also known as The Royal Game, is the Austrian master Stefan Zweig's final achievement, completed and sent off to his American publisher only days before his suicide.

Subject: Travelers by ship from New York to Buenos Aires find that on board with them is the world champion of chess, an arrogant and unfriendly man. They come together to try their skills against him and are soundly defeated. Then a mysterious passenger steps forward to advise them and their fortunes change. How he came to possess his extraordinary grasp of the game of chess and at what cost lie at the heart of Zweig's story

2. Letter from an Unknown Woman by Stefan Zweig

Here is fun fact for you: after "The Sorrows of Young Werther" published, hunderts of people commited suicides. While reading, I couldn't help but thinking how didn't cause a second  "The Sorrows of Young Werther" thing.

Subject: An Austrian writer receives a letter from an unknown woman on the day of his birthday. This woman tells him that she knew him for 20 years now. We do not even know the name of the woman who wrote the letter. We just read the platonic love and see how this ove changed her life. The more we read, the more we see ourself in her. 

3. Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

This is such a novel that it has become a phenomenon all over the world. All authors are listed this book as the book that must be read before they die. It's a guide at the same time. It is a highly philosophical work that change the reader's universe after reading and question the view of the world.

Subject: This text is a magical fable about learning to listen to your heart, read the omens strewn along life's path and, above all, following your dreams. The book tells the story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who dreams of travelling the world in search of a fabulous worldly treasure.

4. Madonna in a Fur Coat by Sabahattin Ali

This book is a phenomenon in Turkey. It hasn't moved away from Best Selling for years. And now you can read it in English as well. I underlight nearly every describition about love and life. It was my favourite book in high school. Just give it a try.

Subject: A shy young man leaves his home in rural Turkey to learn a trade in 1920s Berlin. The city's crowded streets, thriving arts scene, passionate politics and seedy cabarets provide the backdrop for a chance meeting with a woman, which will haunt him for the rest of his life. Emotionally powerful, intensely atmospheric and touchingly profound, Madonna in a Fur Coat is an unforgettable novel about new beginnings and the unfathomable nature of the human soul.

5. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 

At first you might think "well... it is thick. But believe me, storyline makes the book read in a breath. It's a phenomenon around the world.

Subject: The Kite Runner is a beautifully crafted novel set in a country that is in the process of being destroyed. It is about the power of reading, the price of betrayal, and the possibility of redemption; and an exploration of the power of fathers over sons—their love, their sacrifices, their lies.



P.s.: Zweig is a wonderful author. His thin books are easy to read. Besides, he's good at sociology and psychology, and using these on his storyline makes his stories even better. So I didn't add his all books, but you can read his all books.


Emel