The 5 Best Podcasts for English Learners

English is today's international language. One should know English as if it's one's mother tongue. I was lucky, I'd been taking English lectures since first grade. But I can't say I'm advanced. This is likely because I'm still stuck in intermediate zone. Well, It's worse than friendzone, believe me! You should push yourself really hard in order to get rid of here.

I didn't take my lectures in English at university. So, I can't say my academic English is great. But I have no problem with daily conversations. In order to close the gap, I joined some online courses.

But "speaking" is something else. You should stay  in a country where English is the official language in order to have be fluent. Otherwise it's nearly impossible to improve your speaking. Well, now I can't afford to stay in a country whose official money is Euro or Dollar.

So, here's the thing:
Just imagine a baby. He has no idea what his adults talk about. He has no clue about the language. He listens them for months. Then he said a word. And then another, an another... Bom! He can speak now. You should do the exact same. This is how you learned your own language.

So, here comes an another option. Podcasts! My life savers.

I made a list of my favourite podcasts. Listen them every day. Every night. Every moment.

1. Freakonomics Radio

I majored Economics at university. So I enjoy listening these podcasts. It also helps you to have a different perspective for life.

2. TedTalks Daily

I'm sure y'all watched TedTalks at least once in your life. They upload a new talk every day. It's a great source.

3. The English We Speak

BBC shares the latest words and phrasal verbs to use in daily conversations. Podcasts are under 3 minds.

4. The Daily

News are a great way to listen podcasts. This one belongs to New York Times. Listen and hear the news in American accent.

5. Global News Podcasts

This one is BBC's news. It's longer than NYT's The Daily. But if you want to listen news in British accent, this podcasts series is for you.



And of course, we can expend this list. Podcasts are amazing, and there are hundreds of podcasts are waiting to be discoverd.

I made a list of my own. But if you want to share your favourite podcasts not listed here, you are welcome to share it!


Emel